Important Updates Regarding COVID-19Read below for a special updated message from our President & CEO, Paul Dammann. Last update 3/26/20
Recently, Minnesota Governor Tim Walz ordered all non-essential services shut down for a 2-week period beginning just before midnight on Friday, March 27. As an essential service, UECU will remain open with some modifications to our hours during the “stay at home” order.
Effective Monday, March 30, we have temporarily changed our branch hours until further notice. The Apple Valley and Coon Rapids offices will have Drive-up service only from 10 AM CDT until 3 PM CDT Monday through Friday. The Minnetonka office is currently closed for all business including no access to the night deposit. Our contact center will be available from 8:30 AM CDT until 5 PM CDT Monday through Friday to further assist you with your financial needs.
We are all adjusting to the temporary changes for how we perform our daily tasks as we work together to help reduce the spread of the coronavirus (COVID-19). These changes are part of the actions necessary as we do all we can to ensure the well-being of you and our employees. We are here to help you and your family during these difficult times.
Please remember that Online and Mobile Banking access provides you with convenient 24/7 access to:
- Deposit checks electronically
- Transfer funds
- Make loan and credit card payments
- Apply for an account or loan
- Send cash electronically
Our staff would be happy to assist you with learning how to use the Mobile Deposit features or any of the services that are new to you.
During times of uncertainty, there can be much anxiety and concern. You can feel confident knowing that your credit union is safe and secure. UECU is financially strong and well-capitalized. Deposits are Federally insured by the NCUA to at least $250,000 per individual and UECU also provides Excess Share Insurance protecting individuals for an additional $250,000. We recommend not stocking up on cash and to use your Debit or Credit cards for purchases. UECU Debit and Credit cards are safe and secure ways to access your funds and make convenient purchase whether online, at the gas station pump, or at the stores you may need to visit.
We would also like to remind you that scams and phishing attempts are being reported in the media. Please know that UECU employees will never email or call you to ask you for information. If you receive a call or email from UECU that is asking for personal information please take their name, hang up and call us at the credit union’s published phone number. As always, please use caution when you receive offers and unsolicited emails before clicking on any links. Ask yourself the following questions about every e-mail, phone call, and piece of mail you receive because the answers could trigger potential red flags for fraud and scams:
- Is the e-mail, phone call, or mail from someone you don’t know?
- Is the sender, caller, or item offering you something that seems too good to be true?
- Is the sender, caller, or item using language to incite fear or threaten you?
- Is the sender, caller, or item urging you to “Act Now” before it’s too late?
- Is the sender, caller, or item requesting payment from you and promising to give you something in return after your payment?
If you have concerns about your loan payments, we have temporarily waived the skip-a-pay fee for UECU loan payments. For your loan needs, please contact us at 651-264-0669 or fill out an application online through Online or Mobile banking or from our online application. We will work with members to help you with your unique situation.
Information is changing often, and we will be updating our Web site as new developments arise. Please check for updates and current hours or call us before you make a trip to the credit union. Our goal is to continue to offer you the great member service you deserve while maintaining access to your accounts.
Thank you for your membership and don’t hesitate to reach out to our contact center for any assistance.
Paul R. Dammann
Keep These Things in Mind:
- Only Apple Valley and Coon Rapids branches are open 10 AM - 3 PM Monday through Friday beginning March 30 (Drive-up ONLY). Minnetonka is temporarily closed including no access to the Night Depository.
- We will update this page as the situation changes.
- Please refrain from visiting a branch if you are not feeling well.
- We can handle most any of your banking needs, except cash, through the phone or digital channels.
- Use Online or Mobile Banking to deposit or transfer funds, pay bills, pay others through PopMoney, or apply for loans and accounts.
- Use your Debit or Credit card for online purchases, bill payments, cash at ATMs, or in-person purchases when you absolutely must go out.
- Contact us at 651-264-0669 if you need assistance. Whether applying for a loan, discussing skip-a-pay options, getting assistance with your Online access, or to answer any of your questions we are here to assist you.
- Beware of scams. Unfortunately, during difficult times the criminals still try to take advantage of others. Remember that UECU staff will not call you asking for your account number or personal information. When in doubt, simply hang up on the caller and call the credit union directly at 651-264-0669 to discuss the call.
Please remember that the health and wellness of our members and employees is our most important objective. We are here to help you with your financial needs and please call us to discuss your situation if necessary.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Stay updated on your accounts through online banking and our mobile app. View transactions, transfer funds or make loan payments, pay bills and even make a mobile deposit using UECU's Mobile App. You can also use our ATM Locator to find surcharge-free ATMs near your home or where you are traveling to.
Any questions or concerns please contact us here!