Become a Member
Join Expedition CU to start experiencing the difference of banking with a local credit union that cares. We've made it simple for you with three convenient ways to join — online, in person, or by mail.
- In Person: visit any branch
location and be sure to bring the following:
- Valid ID (driver's license, state ID, passport, etc.) and a utility bill if you have moved in the last 30 days.
- Cash or a check for at least $5, payable to Expedition Credit Union (for your Membership Share)
- By Mail: contact us and we'll mail you everything you need to open an account.
Account Switch Kit
Once you have determined how you're eligible and opened your membership with us, use the Switch Kit Checklist to help move your accounts from your current financial institution(s) over to Expedition CU and start enjoying the benefits of membership.
You Can Join!
Expedition CU provides financial services to Minnesota's education community & their families; those who live, work, worship, go to school or do business in Anoka, Dakota, Hennepin, Ramsey or Washington Counties; those who support education through membership in the Expedition Foundation; as well as other select employee groups.
- Education Minnesota members and Employees.
- Minnesota school staff members and administrators belonging to their state or national organization (including but not limited to: MSEA, MESPA, MASSP, MNSAA, MASA).
- National Education Association Minnesota field service employees, in the state of Minnesota.
- School District 283 of St. Louis Park
- Family Members — Everyone related to a current member by blood, adoption, or marriage is eligible to join Expedition Credit Union, regardless of where she/he lives.
- People living in the same household with existing Expedition CU members can also join.
- Educators Financial Services, Inc.
- St. Louis Park City Employees
Glee club, booster club, book club — remember the thrill you felt of belonging to clubs as a kid? Experience it again when you join the exclusive club that is Expedition CU. We offer tons of special benefits to our members. In addition to great rates, low fees, and personal service, Expedition CU members have access to money-saving discounts and programs designed to help meet your personal or professional goals.
Support and Resources
- Education Major student scholarships
- Educator/School employee scholarships
- High School student scholarships
- Financial literacy grants, FREE curriculum, and guest speakers
- Complimentary workshops on various financial topics
- It's a Money Thing: Financial Literacy Videos & Education
- School supplies, hats and mittens, and monetary donations made to schools statewide
- Personal service – at Expedition CU you’re a name, not a number. You won’t be hit with excessive fees and our employees provide financial education and guidance just like Mom and Dad!
Member Discount Programs
- LSS Financial Counseling – FREE personal financial debt counseling by phone, in person, or online.
- Tradition Mortgage – Buy or refinance your home with member mortgage programs through Tradition Mortgage.
- EFS Financial Planning Services – Plan for a secure financial future through a partnership with EFS Advisors.
- LegalShield Protection Plans – Protect yourself from identity theft and/or gain access to legal advice.
- TruStage Insurance for Home, Auto, and Life.
- CU Auto - This credit union exclusive program assists members with buying new or used vehicles without the stress of high-pressure sales.
- Shared Branch Network provides in-branch access to your accounts at over 5,600 partner credit unions throughout the US - including many throughout the Twin Cities
- ATM access at thousands of surcharge-free ATMs nationwide – including at retailers like Kwik Trip, and more*
- Contactless debit and credit cards with EMV chip provide you with the latest technology in fraud prevention
- Online and mobile banking with the ability to open accounts, set Account Alerts, deposit checks remotely, and MORE!!
Deposit & Loan Benefits
- Private Student Loans.
- Reward Checking Account options
- Skip-a-Pay program offers qualified borrowers the ability to defer their loan payment up to twice a year.
- 1st Auto Loan Program for those with no credit score. This program is especially designed for new educators beginning their first contract.
- Excess Share Insurance (ESI) provides additional coverage on your deposit accounts. Member accounts at Expedition CU are insured to at least $500,000.
- Platinum and Platinum Rewards Visa® Credit Cards
*Surcharge-free ATMs are not available at all locations. Find your closest free machine with our ATM Locator.