Become a Member
Join UECU to start experiencing the difference of banking with a local credit union that cares. We've made it simple for you with two convenient ways to join — in person, or by mail.
- Apply Online
In Person: visit any branch location and be sure to bring the following:
- Valid ID (driver's license, state ID, passport, etc.) and a utility bill if you have moved in the last 30 days.
- Cash or a check for at least $5, payable to United Educators Credit Union (for your Membership Share)
- By Mail: contact us and we'll mail you everything you need to open an account.
UECU provides financial services to Minnesota's education community & their families; those who live, work, worship, go to school or do business in Anoka, Dakota, Hennepin, Ramsey or Washington Counties; those who support education through membership in the United Educators Foundation; as well as other select employee groups.
- Education Minnesota members and Employees.
- Minnesota school staff members and administrators belonging to their state or national organization (including but not limited to: MSEA, MESPA, MASSP, MNSAA, MASA).
- National Education Association Minnesota field service employees, in the state of Minnesota.
- School District 283 of St. Louis Park
- Family Members — Everyone related to a current member by blood, adoption, or marriage is eligible to join United Educators Credit Union, regardless of where she/he lives.
- People living in the same household with existing UECU members can also join.
- Educators Financial Services, Inc.
- St. Louis Park City Employees
Glee club, booster club, book club — remember the thrill you felt of belonging to clubs as a kid? Experience it again when you join the exclusive club that is UECU. We offer tons of special benefits to our members. In addition to great rates, low fees, and personal service, UECU members have access to money-saving discounts and programs designed to help meet your personal or professional goals.
Support and Resources
- Education Major student scholarships
- Educator/School employee scholarships
- High School student scholarships
- Financial literacy grants, FREE curriculum, and guest speakers
- Complimentary workshops on various financial topics
- It's a Money Thing: Financial Literacy Videos & Education
- School supplies, hats and mittens, and monetary donations made to schools statewide
- Personal service – at UECU you’re a name, not a number. You won’t be hit with excessive fees and our employees provide financial education and guidance just like Mom and Dad!
Member Discount Programs
- LSS Financial Counseling – FREE personal financial debt counseling by phone, in person, or online.
- Tradition Mortgage – Buy or refinance your home with member mortgage programs through Tradition Mortgage.
- EFS Financial Planning Services – Plan for a secure financial future through a partnership with EFS Advisors.
- LegalShield Protection Plans – Protect yourself from identity theft and/or gain access to legal advice.
- TruStage Insurance for Home, Auto, and Life.
- CU Auto - This credit union exclusive program assists members with buying new or used vehicles without the stress of high-pressure sales.
- ATM access at thousands of surcharge-free ATMs nationwide – including at retailers like CVS, Target and Walgreens*
- EMV debit and credit cards providing you with the latest technology in fraud prevention
- Online and mobile banking with the ability to open accounts, set Account Alerts, deposit checks remotely, and MORE!!
Deposit & Loan Benefits
- Private Student Loans.
- Reward Checking Account options
- Skip-a-Pay program offers qualified borrowers the ability to defer their loan payment up to twice a year.
- 1st Auto Loan Program for those with no credit score. This program is especially designed for new educators beginning their first contract.
- Excess Share Insurance (ESI) provides additional coverage on your deposit accounts. Member accounts at UECU are insured to at least $500,000.
- Platinum Mastercard® Credit Cards
*Surcharge-free ATMs are not available at all locations. Find your closest free machine with our ATM Locator.