Glee club, booster club, book club — remember the thrill you felt of belonging to clubs as a kid? Experience it again when you join the exclusive club that is UECU. We offer tons of special benefits to our members. And membership is offered only to the educational community of Minnesota, their families, and a few partner groups. Join UECU to start experiencing the difference of banking with a local credit union that cares!
In addition to the great rates, low fees, and personal service you deserve, UECU members have access to money-saving discounts and programs designed to help meet your personal or professional goals.
Support and Resources
- Education Major student scholarships
- Educator/School employee scholarships
- Financial literacy grants, FREE curriculum, and guest speakers
- Complimentary workshops on various financial topics
- School supplies, hats and mittens, and monetary donations made to schools statewide
- Personal service – at UECU you’re a name, not a number. You won’t be hit with excessive fees and our employees provide financial education and guidance just like Mom and Dad!
Member Discount Programs
- LSS Financial Counseling – FREE personal financial debt counseling by phone, in person, or online.
- Tradition Mortgage – Buy or refinance your home with member mortgage programs through Tradition Mortgage.
- EFS Financial Planning Services – Plan for a secure financial future through a partnership with EFS Advisors.
- LegalShield Protection Plans – Protect yourself from identity theft and/or gain access to legal advice.
- TruStage Insurance for Home, Auto, and Life.
- CU Auto – This credit union exclusive program assists members with buying new or used vehicles without the stress of high-pressure sales.
- ATM access at thousands of surcharge-free ATMs nationwide – including at retailers like CVS, Target and Walgreens*
- EMV debit and credit cards providing you with the latest technology in fraud prevention
- Online and mobile banking with the ability to open accounts, set Account Alerts, deposit checks remotely, and MORE!!
Deposit & Loan Benefits
- Private Student Loans
- Kasasa Reward Checking Account options
- Skip-a-pay program offers qualified borrowers the ability to defer their loan payment up to twice a year. Teach Me More
- 1st Auto Loan Program for those with no credit score. This program is especially designed for new educators beginning their first contract.
- Excess Share Insurance (ESI) provides additional coverage on your deposit accounts. Member accounts at UECU are insured to at least $500,000.
- Platinum Rewards MasterCard® Credit Cards
*Surcharge-free ATMs are not available at all locations. Find your closest free machine with our ATM Locator.