Branch Manager – Apple Valley
Posted: August 9, 2017
Type of Position: Full-time
The Branch Manager will act as a branch sales leader with energies directed toward strong leadership within a proactive consultative sales environment which achieves corporate and branch goals. A significant amount of time will be spent developing and maintaining engaged and knowledgeable employees.
The Branch Manager will guide and manage their respective branch office in providing quality service to new and existing members in account transactions, loan applications and new accounts. The Branch Manager will also lead staff by exemplifying Core Values and solve problems within established policies and guidelines.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain a highly motivated and well-trained staff, maintaining effective employee relations. Create and maintain a cross-selling environment within the branch. Support hiring efforts of qualified applicants.
- Conduct loan interviews. Process, recommend approval and/or close loans. Approve and disburse loans within specified credit union limits and policies.
- Apply policies and procedures set for the branch. Ensure compliance with credit union regulations, policies and procedures, and federal and state laws and regulations set forth by the National Credit Union Administration and other regulatory agencies. Adhere to and enforce all Credit Union Policies and Procedures including BSA.
- Assumes responsibility for maintaining proper cash controls. Ensures all branch transactions are balanced at the close of day; oversees individual accountability for the handling of cash and assists MSRs in resolving balancing problems; controls and handles daily deposits in accordance with policies and procedures; and periodically verifies cash in possession of MSRs and on the premises.
- Evaluate the job performance of branch office staff to ensure quality of work and service to members. Schedule and cross-train adequately to ensure effective branch succession and efficient branch operation.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Branch services are efficiently and effectively delivered in accordance with established Credit Union policies and standards.
- Current member accounts are maintained or expanded and additional ones solicited. Good business relationships exist with members and their questions and problems promptly resolved.
- Branch transactions, loan volumes, account relationships, expenses, and profitability are in line with Credit Union standards.
- Branch personnel are well trained and efficient, and their activities well-coordinated.
- Required reports and records are accurate and timely.
- Management is appropriately informed of area activities and of any significant problems. Suggestions are provided for improved efficiency or effectiveness in operations.
- Good working relationships exist with Branch personnel. Assistance is provided as needed.
Knowledge and Skills:
Experience: At least five years of related experience in a financial institution, with a minimum of three years of supervisory experience.
Education: College Degree or minimum of 3 years retail sales management or branch experience in a heavy customer contact environment. 2 years underwriting experience in consumer lending and licensed Mortgage Loan Originator with a National Mortgage Licensing System (NMLS) number required. Related work experience may substitute for education.
- Strong interpersonal, leadership, and supervisory skills.
- Understanding of the Credit Union’s field of membership.
- Thorough knowledge of Credit Union services and products.
- Understanding of related legal and regulatory requirements.
- Familiarity with Branch functions, policies and procedures, loan promotions, and marketing practices.
Please send resumes to email@example.com.
Teller/Member Service Representative - Apple Valley
Are you searching for a challenging career in a growing financial institution where you can utilize your sales skills?
United Educators Credit Union is seeking a highly motivated Teller/MSR to work Monday through Friday at our Apple Valley Branch. This position is responsible for operating a cash drawer, building relationships with our members, performing financial service transactions, and cross-selling appropriate products and services. Previous teller, sales and/or cash handling experience preferred.
UECU offers a competitive salary with an attractive benefits package including Paid Time Off, 401(k), medical and dental insurance and tuition reimbursement.
How to Apply / Contact
To apply, please send a resume to United Educators Credit Union, Attn: Phil, 14989 Florence Trail, Apple Valley, MN 55124 or contact us at 651-264-0669 for instructions on how to submit your resume electronically.
Job Type: Full-time
- Cash Handling: 1 year
- Credit Union or Bank: 1 year
- Teller/Customer Service: 1 year