UECU Youth Account
Building Blocks for Building Dreams
A youth account is a great way to teach kids important life lessons about money. If you have children in your life, you know how significant it is to start teaching kids the value of their money at an early age. We'll give you the tools to make it easier.
Our account is based on three principals - save, share, and spend :
- Save : Keep money in a safe place, see it grow, and save for something special! This is the money to bring to the credit union in order to save for something large, like a game system or even a car!
- Share : Find an organization or charity to share money with. Ask about CU for Kids or our annual Mitten & Hat Drive! Or spend money at a local business. This money is for sharing any way that makes you feel good.
- Spend : Be a smart consumer & choose wisely. This money is for those small purchases to purchase. Upon parental approval, children and teens can get a free ATM card or a checking account with a free Debit Card.
Youth account options and benefits:
- $5 minimum to open
- We will do a quarterly (every 3 months) drawing for anyone who has made a deposit.
- Youth Checking Account
- Youth Certificate of Deposit
- Education Savings Account
- Grade Incentive Program - $1.00* earned for each "A" (or equivalent) grade earned for the semester
- ATM/ Debit Card (upon parental approval)
- Financial Literacy
- Online Banking (Solutions@HOME) and Mobile Banking
* This bonus may be subject to IRS reporting; 1099 MISC form will be postmarked by 1/31/2014 if your total bonuses accumulated from United Educators Credit Union for the year 2013 equal or exceed $600.
|Apply Now||Youth Resources||Youth Certificates|
Routing # 296076084 • Toll-Free 800-229-2848