If you have maximized grants, scholarships and federal loans, we offer a variety of loan options for your education financing needs. Some members consider including a signature loan or line of credit, or a home equity loan to your education financing mix. For others, a private student loan makes sense.
Introducing NEW Private Student Loan Program
United Educators Credit Union now offers a private student loan and private student loan consolidation through cuStudentLoans, a credit union managed network.
To learn about all of your financial aid and debt management options, visit the College Resource Center .
Private Student Loan
The cuScholar Private Student Loan can be used to pay for any qualified education expense including tuition, room and board, books, and other school-related expenses. There is no prepayment penalty and borrowers are required to make a modest $25 minimum payment towards interest while in school to promote responsible repayment habits and pay down some interest accrual while in school.
- No Origination Fee for all student borrowers
- 1% Interest Rate Reduction once 10% of the loan principal is repaid during the full repayment period
- 30-Day No-Fee Return Policy allows you to cancel the loan within 30 days of disbursement without fees or interest
- Cosigner Release Available for creditworthy borrowers after 24 consecutive on-time principal and interest payments
Private Student Loan Consolidation
The cuGrad Private Student Loan Consolidation can be used to consolidate and refinance outstanding private student loan debt. A private student loan consolidation combines all private student loan payments into one easy monthly payment. By refinancing your private student loan debt, you can potentially significantly lower your payments and reduce your interest rate.
Calculate your expected payments and see just how much you can save!
- Simplify Your Finances with one easy monthly payment
- Interest-Only Repayment Option available for first 4 years followed by 11 years of principal and interest repayment
- Cosigner Release Available for creditworthy borrowers after 12 consecutive on-time principal and interest payments
- Lower Payment and Competitive Rate possible with extended repayment term
Have a friend who could benefit from consolidation? Click here to refer your friends and earn $250 for every friend whose loan is disbursed!
Please note: Due to recent legislation regarding Federally Funded Student Loans, UECU can no longer grant any new Federal Student Loans. If you have an existing Federal Student Loan through UECU, Great Lakes Higher Education Corporation will continue to service your loan. You can reach them at 800-236-4300.
|Loan Calculators||Home Equity Loans||24/7 Lending|
Routing # 296076084 • Toll-Free 800-229-2848