I'm worried about the security of Solutions@HOME, how can I be sure it's safe to use?
When you are done reading our FAQ, please let us know how helpful it was!
United Educators Credit Union has taken many steps to ensure that your financial transactions are secure when you enter Solutions@HOME through the Internet. The two most important security features of Solutions@HOME are your password and your SSL (secure sockets layer) enabled browser. For your protection, United Educators Credit Union recommends that you memorize your password and do not write it down. You should never give your password to anyone or let anyone see you enter your password when you are logging into Solutions@HOME. In addition, we recommend that you periodically change and do not use easily identified passwords.
In addition to your Password, our Online Banking technology includes Multi-Factor Authentication. It is intended to provide you with the best security possible. Multi-Factor Authentication consists of validation and authentication of an individual using more than one method of verification. You will need to create three (3) question and answer pairs. This allows us to verify that you are in fact, you, by presenting you with a question that only YOU know the answer to. If you don't answer the question correctly, you will not gain access to your accounts. You will also need to create a "Security Key". This allows you to verify that you have reached our Online Banking site, and not some other site. Every time you attempt to log in to your accounts, we will send you a graphical representation of the Security Key that you created. If you do not see that Security Key or it is not the one you created then you know that you are NOT at OUR site. If this happens, please contact us immediately.
If you think your password may have been compromised or you notice any unusual activity on your United Educators Credit Union account, call Member Services at 651-264-0669 or 800-229-2848 (7:30 AM to 5:00 PM, Monday - Friday). You can also change your password online immediately using Solutions@HOME. Keep all documents that include your account information in a secure place so that confidential information cannot be obtained by others. These documents include ATM receipts, account statements, your ATM Personal Identification Number (PIN), and your Solutions@HOME password.
SSL Enabled Browsers:
Your SSL enabled browser contains the necessary encryption algorithms to "scramble" the information that is transmitted between you and the United Educators Credit Union computer system. This ensures the confidentiality of information you submit electronically. For this reason, we recommend that you use the most recent versions of Firefox, Safari or Internet Explorer.
Other Security Features:
Solutions@HOME has a time-out feature. If there is no interaction between your computer and the Solutions@HOME computer after 15 minutes, you will automatically be logged off. You can see your session time in the upper right corner of the screen – clicking on the round green arrow will refresh your session time for another 15 minutes. We also encourage our membership to use the "Log Out" button when ending the banking session. The logout button is located along the right hand side, just under the session time.
You can also set up security account alerts. For example, you can receive an email or a text message if your account is locked out from too many unsuccessful attempts or a password change has been attempted. To set up security alerts, go to Accounts > Account Alerts and select Event Alerts from the Alert Type drop down.
Finally, we recommend that you always click the "Logout" button and sign off before leaving your computer.
- I'm worried about the security of Solutions@HOME, how can I be sure it's safe to use?
- What information can I change on Solutions@HOME?
- How will I know if I will be charged a fee for certain transactions using Solutions@HOME?
- How do I change my email address in Solutions@HOME?
- How do I read messages from the credit union in Solutions@HOME?
- How can I change my Account Name or can I rename my accounts?
- Why is my 'Balance' different than the 'Available'?
- How do I download my financial information from Solutions@HOME?
- How do I use the Balance Sheet or Personal Finance Manager?
- If I use the Credit Union's CATHY services, do I need to do anything else to access Solutions@HOME?
- If I changed my CATHY password, does that also change my Solutions@HOME password and vice versa?
- How do I find my member number or what is my member number?
- How can I order a copy of a canceled check from Solutions@HOME and is there a fee?
- Why do I have more than one VISA card listed under the Accounts screen?
- Can I transfer funds from my signature loan to my checking or savings account?
- How do I get an Instant Cash and Check Card or Debit Card online?
- Can I open a new account through Solutions@HOME?
- Do I have to be a member to apply for a loan?
- How do I setup my Account Alerts?
- In what format are eStatements sent and how can I view past eStatements?
- How do I view my transaction history?
|S@H Help Page||Downtime Calendar||eStatement Sign-Up|
Routing # 296076084 • Toll-Free 800-229-2848